Becoming the 4 McCaffery's

We've created this webpage for our family, friends, and future adoptive families to follow us in our adoption journey to Kazakhstan to become a family of 4. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy it!!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sat May 20th

Hello from Almaty. It's quite warm here and I'm very thankful the hotel has A/C. Not too much to report today. We had a nice breakfast, hung out in the hotel doing puzzles, leap pad, magna doodle and then headed to the supermarket for some basic lunch and dinner supplies. it was much nicer and bigger than the one in karaganda, but a farther walk than when we were in Karaganda. Later in the day we met up with the Blewers in the hotel Kazakhstan, which looks fancy in the lobby, but the rooms are nasty. We had our last dinner together at a chic trendy cafe that doubles as an internet cafe and enjoyed our last night together. I will miss them terribly as they were a godsend to have in Karaganda while I was missing my 2 boys at home. They will have a 23 hour layover in Amsterdam and will visit with the Molon family who were also in Karaganda. Tomorrow I plan to meet up with Mary, a fun Irish gal who has quick wit and loves to laugh, so I know we'll have fun and her pal, Julie, who is just beginning her "alone" time in Kaz waiting to take her wee one home!! Monday is my only free day and I plan to shop a bit, as I will be bringing home my jeans and my Guiness t-shirt and my baseball cap as none of my other clothes are worth salvaging. I gave most of them to the orphange and the few that I have with me in Kaz, I'll leave in the park by the Hotel and I'm certain they will be used by someone! Well, I need to get Sam in the bath. Thanks for reading and thinking good thoughts from so far away. It really does help to read all of your comments!!

Night Night

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian & Cathie-Rose said...

Hello,
This is Brian and Cathie-Rose (Rose is the second part of my wifes name) We met at the interview in Karaganda. We came home today with our daughter and boy it was a long trip, but a good one. I look forward to catching up on your blog. We have a blog also it is journey-to-kaz.blogspot.com. Have a safe return
Brian, Cathie-Rose & Emily

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home