Becoming the 4 McCaffery's

We've created this webpage for our family, friends, and future adoptive families to follow us in our adoption journey to Kazakhstan to become a family of 4. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy it!!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday May 15th

We woke up this morning at 0930! Sam went to bed around 2100, but after typing a few emails, posting to our blog and finishing reading my “fluff” novel, I could not fall asleep, by this time it was already 2330. I played solitaire for about ½ hour and still none the sleeper. By 0200 I was wide awake. Eventhough I was able to talk to Tim and Ian earlier, I felt a bit sappy after reading my “fluff” book and simply wanted to tell Tim that I was crazy mad in love with him. I hadn’t even planned on talking to Ian, as I really just wanted to make it short and sweet. Ian wanted to talk and was very pleased that he and Daddy had already gone to the park and McDonalds. He also had a giggle when he told me he had chocolate milk and some sweets. What a cutie pie, then it was his traditional, “I love you, bye”. It so nice to hear him in good spirits! Even though I have dreaded every minute away from my husband and son, I know it was good for Tim and Ian to have some simply Daddy and son time and good for Sam and I to truly connect as Mother and son. Sam is doing really well, his vocabulary increases daily and seems to be enjoying being a regular child with ups and downs. Even with his downs, he is growing. Now when he doesn’t listen or breaks the rules and has either sit in the chair or stand against the wall, he’s angry and has no problem letting me know via crying vs. in the beginning when he could either sit or stand for long periods of time and literally look right past you. We talk about the mistake he’s made and I make certain to always tell him that I had to teach Ian the same way and that I still and love him very much. Then, with a hug and a smile, all is back to normal once again.

I received a call from Chingis, our in country coordinator, today, stating that all went well at the court house and we’ll need to go and get Sam’s passport photos taken today at 1400. Of course it’s now 1430 and a month ago this would have drove me insane, now I know it’s simply par for the course in Kazakhstan. I’ll call him at 1500 to verify that we’re still going and then we’ll hope for the best. After that we’ll take a walk down to the TSUM to get some $$$ as the ATM at our local grocery store is broken and look for a US Flag bandana for Sam. Jo and Agnes bought won for Tanya and I thought it would be too cute for him to wear it when we touched down in Newark!! I forgot to mention yesterday that Sam can now complete all 4 of his mini puzzles by himself!! Granted they only have 16 pieces in them, but for a child who more than likely hasn’t been stimulated that often I thought it was a great accomplishment. We did actually go and get Sam’s passport photos taken. Of course, we’ve taught Sam to say “cheese” when your photo is being taken so that we can see his nice smile. This concept is not shared in this former Soviet Republic as photos are still quite stoic and grumpy looking. Sam was then rewarded with 12 photos of himself with nice happy smiles, he was elated, as was I; the photographer, not so much!! That afternoon we then took a walk to TSUM to find his stars and stripes bandana/doo-rag and we finally found it and an ATM that would take my card so that I can have enough tenge to pay for my ticket to Almaty, our driver and translator and the last few days of rent. In the early evening we had dinner, took a bath and read some books, nothing to exciting, but again, another day down, one less day to go!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home