Becoming the 4 McCaffery's

We've created this webpage for our family, friends, and future adoptive families to follow us in our adoption journey to Kazakhstan to become a family of 4. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy it!!

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday May 7th from Kazakhstan




I went to bed last night terribly homesick. I listened to far too many sappy songs on my Ipod Shuffle. Once I heard True Companion by Marc Cohen, I completely lost it and missed Tim beyond belief. I envisioned holding his hand while walking around our subdivision at dusk while both of our boys were racing their tricycles down the street. It was picture perfect in my mind and I would have given anything for that to have been reality vs. wishful thinking.

Now back to reality. Hmm…What can we do today? We might meet up with some of the other Americans this afternoon for some bowling, but if not, I think we’ll take a walk and then head to either a souvenir shop or for our regular walk to the park, which on the week-ends has “carny” rides and games!! Yippee. Well, we did meet up with the other Americans but we did not go bowling. We took a nice walk along the lake and visited some of the carny rides for little tykes. We then walked to the market for a few items. The best thing of the day was when Sam grabbed my hand in the park and kissed it for no reason whatsoever and smiled. I had some pistachios with my dinner and Sam decided the shells would be great things to count. Tonight we went up to 20!! Sam loves to watch soccer. I took a break from the BBC and turned to the Russian station which had a soccer game on and the boy went hog wild. This is awesome because the boy can kick the ball like Pele. He also kept saying “no hands, yes feet” and thought it was hilarious that soccer players can use their heads to bounce the ball. Overall the day has been a rough one emotionally. Sam is doing well and thinks everyday is wonderful, where as I am honestly dreading getting up each morning as I’m just bored out of my mind for the most part and incredibly homesick for the US and my everyday structured life style. Well, that’s it from Kaz. Ian, I hope you like your doggie in a bee costume photo!! I miss and love you Buddy!

Right before I posted this I saw your post from home. Ian,you look so hansome and cool in your colonial attire!! Of course more tears are now flowing but they are tears of joy for how wonderful you are and how proud Mommy is of you for being the great boy that you are!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home