Becoming the 4 McCaffery's

We've created this webpage for our family, friends, and future adoptive families to follow us in our adoption journey to Kazakhstan to become a family of 4. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy it!!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

What Next???

Hello,

It has been a hell of a week. I've felt like a bit of a crappy parent to Ian this week. He's been such a trooper while I've had to do research on the internet, be on the phone with either the adoption agency, the bank, the airlines, a/0 the NY consulate. G-d, I love that boy!!!

Where to begin.... Well, we are still waiting on an updated medical report on our little man as he was to go to a private clinic on Friday, but didn't, surprise surprise.. and will do so on Monday, or so they say. I told our coordinator that we would need to know our little man's status prior to departure on Friday. We just can't bond with a child only to have them tell us he will be unable to leave the country. Tim and I can understand the reasons why, but to Ian and the other little guy, we feel to put the boys together and for them to have fun and laugh and play only to find out they can't do so on a forever basis would be simply unbearable and cruel. We also need to know prior to leaving because we must start our bonding process on the first Monday as Tim only has one month of leave from work with no exceptions!!

We are still due to receive our laptop and airline tickets on Monday. We went and got our "cash" from the bank, only to find about a 1/4 of the bills in unacceptable condition. Now I'll have to either go back to the same bank and hope they can exchange the bills for newer versions or visit other banks and have them look at me like I'm with the mob as I try to explain to them why I need my older bills exchanged for clean, crisp, newer bills to bring to Kazakhstan for an adoption and hopefully they'll exchange some of them. But the most frustrating and annoying part of our saga is my passport. Like I stated in a previous post, Ian and Tim's visa's were perfect, and mine, well, my name was incorrect. So, I called the NY Consulate on Thursday and they stated they already received my passport and once again had attached the new visa to it and my passport was already sent out in the Express overnight mail package that I included when sending my passport back to them a second time. So, did I get my package on Friday... NO, does the tracking # work in the USPS.com...NO am I a bit overwhelmed.... HELL YES!!! All this craziness is almost comical at this point. I figure it's got to get better from here because it certainly can't get much worse!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janiece said...

I know it's hard to believe, but it will all work out for the best. I've been there and looking back I know it's true. I'm always an email away if you need me and do you still have my phone #? You can always call and if I'm not here, Ted is and he is great to vent too (after all these years of putting up with me!).
You are in our thoughts and prayers. There is a plan here, we just don't know what it is yet!
Janiece

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home