Becoming the 4 McCaffery's

We've created this webpage for our family, friends, and future adoptive families to follow us in our adoption journey to Kazakhstan to become a family of 4. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy it!!

Monday, May 01, 2006

May 1st

Ok, only 26 more days to go! I can do it! It’s Labor Day here in Kazakhstan and in most of Asia and Western Europe. I’m not certain if we’ll be able to meet up with the Brewers tonight for dinner as I’m not certain if Mario’s will be open due to the holiday. Bummer! Last night I could not fall asleep. I kept wondering if Tim and Ian departed safely. I did receive an email stating they had a nice day exploring Almaty and that Almaty was much nicer than it seemed a month ago, cleaner air, some green grass and a view of the mountains. Vitalik woke up around 0300 and came into our room as if it was 0730 to snuggle and draw on Magna Doodle. I explained to him in a soft, gentle, voice that Vitalik, the sun, and Mama still needed to sleep. I thought I might get some gruff, but our little man fell fast asleep once again until 0730. I really missed Ian this morning. I couldn’t help but think of him while folding his plaid flannel P.J.’s or while Vitalik was in the bath, it just seemed wrong, not having both of them in their together. I think Vitalik missed him a bit too. For some reason today we’re able to get some French and Italian channels and I feel so much closer to home. It’s very strange, but I can’t stop thinking in Italian while I’m here. I saw an Italian commercial on the TV when we first got here and felt so relieved that I could truly understand what they were trying to convey vs. watching the Russian channels and maybe catching every 50th word or so. Even though it’s again quite chilly and overcast we’ll have to take a walk just to get out of our expansive 500 sq feet abode. Taking a walk each day is not only for Sam’s tummy, but for my mind. Today we went to the Halik Market which contains our grocery store, an ATM and small shops. I had Sam walk around a bit, not knowing at that time if we would be walking to Mario’s. Turns out we are going to meet the Brewer’s around 1845, so I’m certain Bull will need a nice snack prior to eating pizza. The boy could eat his own pizza, but since yesterday morning I’m watching his food intake a bit more and tonight he’ll have to share with Mama. I bought him an adorable winter cap like the one he wore when he was outside at the Detsky Dom. It’s was a whopping $2.40 cents and it will be a nice keepsake for him down the road. He has been playing with his yellow ball all morning. It’s actually Ian’s as we left his purple one at the Detsky Dom. You’d think I gave him a pot of gold. He did take a break to do a bit of Leap Pad, his favorite toy by far. On one of the pages there’s a place where you point on a camera and it’s says, “Everyone say cheese” and I’m not certain why but he chooses to say “I buy cheese.” Right now he cannot make the “H” sound and has a bit of a hard time remembering the names of colors, but can count to 10 like a champ! We met the Brewer Clan at Mario’s Pizza. I’m so glad I bought Sam a new hat today as it’s less than 30 degrees here. We had nice brisk walk to Mario’s and I enjoyed some good conversation with Ronnie and Anjanette, and their daughter Reagan is a cutie-pie. Hopefully they’ll have a great day tomorrow at Malutka and find their son after a week of searching for him. Sam, the little “fresser” that he is had 4 pieces of pizza, a fruit roll-up, and a peanut butter cracker. I know he would have stuffed more in his cute chipmunk cheeks had I let him. We then walked home in the snow, yes, I said snow!!! Yuck!! It’s May, it should be warm and sunny!!! We stopped at the grocery on the way home to get some bread just in case tomorrow is simply too cold to go outside. Today’s pictures include: Sam showing off his new hat, Sam and I at Mario’s pizza, and Sam on a bench on Blvd. Mira as snow flakes are falling. I miss Ian a ton. I miss him saying, “Mama I just want to give you a kissee!!” But I’m thankful he’s almost home! Daddy, give my sweet Ian a kiss and I’ll give a “palute” to Vitalik from you!!. After 6 attempts to post some photos, I quit,I'll try again in the AM.

1 Comments:

Blogger The 4 McCaffery's said...

Hi Dot,
Thanks for taking the time to post. Are you out west visiting Scott? If so, tell him I say "hello" and give Herm my best as well.

Yes, I my Dad is a proud father and still very protective and worries about his "little 35 yr old girl"

I'm sure I'll do the same about our boys down the road!

Take Care
Nell

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home