Becoming the 4 McCaffery's

We've created this webpage for our family, friends, and future adoptive families to follow us in our adoption journey to Kazakhstan to become a family of 4. Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy it!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Apr 26th

We have all been waking up late these days, 0800. The boys go down around 2000 and are usually asleep by 2030. We, of course are bored out of our wits, because we then are stuck in our bedroom for the rest of the night. We do have good couple time as we giggle about the silly things the boys have done during the day or our daily frustrations about living in Kazakhstan. I’m really going to miss Tim and Ian. I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning knowing we were one more day closer to their departure. As my relationship with Sam improves I’m less nervous about spending an additional month in Kazakhstan. I just want to have everything go smoothly and get out of here as soon as we can. Tomorrow is our court date. We were supposed to go with the Orphanage Director and pick out a “gift” for the Orphanage, we even asked our translator about it and still, we have heard nothing. I’m certain it will be left until the last minute as will buying Tim and Ian’s tickets to Almaty and the groceries needed for the party at the Orphanage after court. That’s just how things seem to work here in Kaz. This morning, Tim went and bought our lawyer and the judge some “gifts”, V.S.O.P. Hennessey and some Cigars. The boys and I hung out at home and colored, played with beads, and giggled. I think we’ll venture out today, if only for a walk as it seems to improve everyone’s mood. Maybe we’ll even head over to “trash park” for some fun in the dirt!! Vitalik took a nap around lunch time so Ian and I had a picnic lunch on the blankets in the main room of our apartment. I was starting to go a bit stir crazy so I took a short stroll around 1500 and it was a bit warm for pants and a long sleeve shirt so I don’t know how natives can wear sweaters and coats without sweating to death. When I came back, the boys wanted to jump off the couch again. It kept them entertained for an hour so that was nice. I clicked through our ever so limited TV Channels and watched a bit of of a really poor Dubai soap opera and BBC World over and over again, while Tim played Free Cell. We then went to the Assorti Café for dinner and took an early evening stroll, which was nice, as I love that time of the day no matter what part of the world I may be in. Can I just say how thankful I am that Tim got me an IPOD shuffle for my 35th birthday? I love having my favorite tunes from various periods in my life to lift my spirits when I’m feeling a bit blue or homesick. I’m enjoying Sam’s company more and more each day as he becomes more attached to all of us. As much as I detest having to stay here for a month, I know it can only strengthen our bond so I’m hoping that will keep me grounded when I want to pull my hair out due to frustration or boredom.

2 Comments:

Blogger The 5 McGills said...

Best of luck at court tomorrow! And safe travels to Tim and Ian! Debbie

2:18 PM  
Blogger Janiece said...

I know there is a health club in Karaganda that someone joined for a month-another adoptive parent. Is that a possiblity for you? Can you ask your translator/facilitator? I just remembered about it.
Good luck with court!
Janiece

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home